In anaerobic digester applications, Tank Connection’s RTP (rolled, tapered panel) bolted tank design coated with LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™ is unmatched in performance compared to all other bolted tank designs.
At Tank Connection, we are the manufacturer of the #1 bolted liquid storage tank available in the world! And we support this claim with customer testimonies and facts, not rhetoric.
You can rely on us to address the factors that should be addressed in digester applications including vapor zone considerations, operating temperature, applicable design configurations, corrosion considerations, pH/acidic levels, operating environment, materials of construction, applicable codes, thermal expansion, chemical resistance and appropriate design standards.
The Facts on Tank Connection & Anaerobic Digesters:
In anaerobic applications, the important area inside the storage tank is the vapor zone area. This is the area where competitor storage products fail. Tank Connection is recognized in the marketplace as the experts in specialized storage tank designs. In review, there are numerous digester designs available in the marketplace today. Tank Connection has developed the ultimate digester designs that provide superior performance in the field with low maintenance requirements. When you compare the facts on digesters, separating fact from fiction, your arrival destination will be Tank Connection. Consider the following:
Anaerobic Digester Options Optional Designs: Types Liquid Zone Vapor Zone Installed Cost Tank Connection Comments Option 1 Black Steel X LIQ Fusion* Lowest cost digester option Black steel is optional for liquid zone that maintains no oxygen.
Without oxygen present, there is no corrosive activity.
Option 2 LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™ X X Most cost efficient TC recommended for a complete lined tank application. Option 3 304 Stainless Hybrid LIQ Fusion* X Cost efficient TC recommended due to the current low cost of stainless steel
Ultimate anaerobic digester design.
Option 4 Glass Coated X X Most expensive approach Sidewall panels provide good protection. Vapor zone deck design
is the weak link in anaerobic digester applications.
* Designation LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™ (Tank Connection exclusive & proprietary fusion bond coating system)
- There is a reason why Tank Connection is building the best digester designs in the industry and it all starts with understanding the requirements of each application:
- Sidewall to deck connection is welded…not bolted. A bolted connection in the sidewall to deck connection area (vapor zone) is an inferior design compared to a smooth welded transition that is coated with a “holiday free” fusion bond coating system.
- No internal deck supports are allowed…special pressure deck design developed — Tank Connection utilizes external supports only.
- LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™, the best fusion bond epoxy powder lining system available worldwide. It is applied at 12 mils DFT in digester applications.
- For select applications, Tank Connection can provide stainless steel construction in the vapor zone area.
- Cost evaluation:
- LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™ is the most cost efficient approach for anaerobic digester applications.
- Based on the current and continued low pricing of stainless steel material, a hybrid digester design that utilizes LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™ in the liquid zone and stainless construction in the vapor zone, may be considered the ultimate digester design available.
- Our proprietary LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™ is NSF 61-approved and is unmatched in performance compared to all bolted tank linings.
- Tank Connection is the only tank supplier worldwide that designs, manufactures and installs all four types of steel storage tanks including bolted RTP, field-weld, shop-weld and hybrid tank designs for wastewater storage. We offer our clients whatever type of steel tank construction is preferred.
- Our precision RTP (rolled, tapered panel) construction is the #1 bolted tank design selected worldwide. The best features of bolted and field-weld tank construction have been combined together in the RTP design. It remains unmatched in the industry in all category ratings.
- The RTP design is the only bolted tank design that is recognized as a replacement for field-weld tank construction.
- Typical anaerobic digester tank sizes:
- Bolted RTP Designs: Up to 2 million gallons (7570 cubic meters) with external rafter, pressure deck designs.
- Field-weld Designs: Up to 10 million gallons (37,850 cubic meters) with special deck designs.
- RTP construction is easily containerized and shipped worldwide.
- TC's field construction processes are rated “the best” in the industry. We utilize a synchronized jacking process that allows wastewater storage tanks to be built from grade level. This process also receives the highest ratings for point quality control and safety in the field.
- RTP tank construction outdates API 12B construction and other FP (flat panel) designs in digester applications. Why purchase a ‘C’-rated tank when the BEST ‘A’-rated storage tanks can be installed for the same costs? API 12B (flanged panel) construction is an outdated relic of the past.
- Tank Connection is a vertically integrated company, which promotes our global position as a competitive price leader.
- With over 2,100 years of combined experience in storage applications, Tank Connection stands along as a global leader in storage containment systems.
The TC Advantage:
- Over the phone answers, downloaded bid specifications, prompt storage tank quotes and “Golden Rule” customer service
- We offer the best tank coating processes offered in the marketplace today
- We have direct factory crews offering both non-union and union field installation services
- Shop fabricated bolted and welded tanks minimize field installation requirements
- Quick field installation service provided by AllianceConstructors.com - Available for immediate mobilization with fully equipped self-contained shipping containers
- We can install anaerobic digesters in less than half the time required for field-weld and concrete construction
- We are the competitive price leader…worldwide
We Offer Single Source Solutions to Our Clients:
- Complete specification development, including tank and foundation design, calculations & PE stamps provided for any location
- Prompt tank and equipment quotes
- Approval project drawings provided within a few days of order receipt
- On expedited projects, field construction can start within 8 weeks of order receipt
- We integrate auxiliary equipment for a complete turnkey system including foundations and piping
- In storage tanks, wastewater tanks and anaerobic digesters, we are the solution people
Download our quick specs for all types of steel tank construction.
If your project involves a single tank or an integrated storage system, no one offers more services and creative solutions than Tank Connection. From the quote stage through order process, drawing approval, material fabrication and field installation, Tank Connection will provide streamlined processing and “Golden Rule” customer service.