Limestone Storage & FGD Applications
By definition: Flue gas desulfurization is commonly known as FGD and is the technology used for removing sulfur dioxide (SO2) from the exhaust flue gases in power plants that burn coal or oil to produce steam for the steam turbines that drive their electricity generators. Capture of SO2 is accomplished by devices known as scrubbers. The devices combine the sulphur compounds with a calcium containing sorbent, generally lime (CaO) or limestone (CaCO3), to create a slurry. The slurry can be safely discharged after treatment or turned into useful byproducts.
Tank Connection is one of the largest suppliers of limestone storage tanks and silos used in FGD applications in North America. Tank Connection leads the industry in turnkey storage systems used for limestone, lime, hydrated lime, pebble lime and quicklime storage applications.
TC is the only tank supplier worldwide that offers all four types of steel storage tanks used in lime and limestone storage applications. TC offers bolted RTP (rolled, tapered panel), field-weld, shop-weld and hybrid tank construction. Our RTP bolted tank design and API 620/650 field-weld construction are the top two storage tank designs selected worldwide for lime storage applications.
For a complete integrated storage system including all auxiliary equipment, TC project management services are the best in the industry. We are recognized as the experts in dry bulk storage applications. We also specialize in all types of “material flow” discharge systems including functional mass flow, funnel flow, expanded flow, active/vibratory discharge and numerous configurations of fluidized hopper designs. In mineral storage applications, we can minimize and eliminate the problems of yesterday by prescribing the right storage system to interface with an existing or new material handling system. We provide total turnkey responsibility supplied by one company…Tank Connection!
The Tank Connection Advantage in Limestone & FGD Applications:
- #1 bolted RTP (rolled, tapered panel) tank design selected worldwide for lime storage applications
- The highest quality field-weld construction available in North America…meeting API 650 & API 620 requirements
- Top rated field construction process worldwide (silos are jacked from grade level using a proprietary synchronized jacking process)
- The leading team of experts in dry bulk storage applications (check out our employee profiles…over 2,100 years of combined industry experience)
- Competitive price leader in industrial process tanks/silos worldwide
- Typical hopper slopes utilized in lime storage: 60, 65, 70 & custom hopper slope designs based on material testing in hopper bottom tanks up to 100,000 cubic feet
- TC specializes in functional mass flow (FIFO) discharge systems
- Flat bottom storage available up to 2,000,000 cubic feet
- In large XL silos and domes, TC provides the top rated reclaim unloader in the industry — Laidig Unloader
- Tank Connection dry bulk tank specifications can be downloaded within minutes from our website
- Our tank coating system Fusion 5000 FBE™ + EXT Fusion SDP™ remains unmatched in the industry
- We provide a complete “storage system” performance package including auxiliary equipment, fill and discharge equipment, foundations design and supply, weigh scales and automated controls
- We build lime storage systems worldwide and are equipped for immediate mobilization with fully equipped self-contained shipping containers
- Both union and non-union field installation services are available
- We have the ability to cut your field installation timeframe in half contingent upon silo construction specified
- We provide “Golden Rule” customer service on every project
- Total storage system performance guarantee provided by one company
When you are looking for lime/limestone storage systems, you can't buy a better system than Tank Connection!