The APEX Domes geodesic cover is utilized for a wide variety of liquid and dry bulk markets. The specialized design of an APEX Dome is the result of experience, ingenuity and a persistent drive for excellence. All the components of an APEX Dome are specifically engineered to achieve the highest performance possible. The end result is a premier dome design that maximizes strength and flexibility with enhanced protection against leaks, vapor loss, or product loss.
Looking for more technical information?ASK THE EXPERT Get The Details
THE APEX DOMES ADVANTAGE
- ALL-ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION
- CORROSION RESISTANT
- PRECISION ENGINEERING
- STRONG SPACE FRAME DESIGN
- PRECISION FABRICATION
- LONG LIFE + LOW MAINTENANCE
- DIAMETERS OVER 500 FT (152.4 M)
- OPTIMUM COST EFFICIENCY
- ENHANCED VAPOR LOSS PROTECTION
- INCREASED LOAD STRENGTH
- CORROSION RESISTANT
- WATERTIGHT DESIGN
- PROPRIETARY DESIGN COMPONENTS
- FACTORY DIRECT INSTALLATION CREWS
- PRECISION FIT + QUICK INSTALLATION
- CLEAR SPAN CONSTRUCTION
APEX Domes Applications
- TURNKEY SOLUTIONS: APEX Domes are often paired with our industry-leading bolted RTP (Rolled, Tapered Panel) tanks and share the same outstanding quality and stellar field performance.
- RETROFIT APPLICATIONS: Tank Connection designs and installs stand-alone aluminum geodesic domes for bolted steel tanks, welded steel tanks as well as concrete tanks.
- CUSTOMIZED DESIGNS: Whether it is a dormer and wall extensions for a clarifier cover, or conveyor integration for mineral stockpile storage, our experts will provide you with the best solution for your product needs.
- SPECIALIZED COATINGS: Optional coatings that meet AAMA, API and AWWA requirements are available. Advantages include color matching, UV resistance to chalking and fading, and glare reduction.
- INTERIOR INSULATION: To aid in temperature control, interior insulation is available at up to three inches in thickness.
- SPECIALIZED ENGINEERING: Customized designs range from walkways and wall extensions, to complex integrations for additional equipment.
- AUXILIARY COMPONENTS: Various components ranging from maintenance rails and perimeter hand rails to ventilation and sky lights are available.
- EMISSIONS AND ROOF OPTIONS: Tank Connection designs and manufactures a variety of internal and external roof options to provide superior vapor suppression and meet strict environmental standards.
APEX Domes Design Features
- BATTEN BAR SYSTEM: Our batten bar is designed as a positive sealing system, which compresses the gasket between the batten and the panel. In addition, the panel edge is designed such that when the batten bar is fully installed, the panel is compressed into the gasket.
- PIER ATTACHMENTS: Tank Connection can supply either a sliding pier or fixed pier design. Our proprietary sliding pier design allows the dome components to relieve stress in both wind and downward loading conditions, such as snow or ice. Other dome manufacturers only design for downward loading conditions.
- CENTER SAFETY LINE SUPPORT: Safety is always a determining factor in our designs. Our 360 degree central tie off attachment is no exception. The center safety line support uses a hoist ring that is designed for 5,000 lbs. (2,268 Kg.) of lateral load for personnel safety.
- FIELD INSTALLATION: Tank Connection can provide factory direct installation. The modular construction of geodesic domes allows for easy shipping and quick installation. Precision fabricated covers allow for exceptional ease of installation.
- BULK STORAGE COVERS: Tank Connection Covers' bulk storage covers alleviate environmental concerns by providing dust control and excellent protection against product loss. Optional custom designs for dry bulk handling and miscellaneous equipment loads are available. The strong, clear span design minimizes foundation loads and maximizes storage capacity. Common types of storage include mining and industrial use, such as clinker, limestone, coal, and fly ash storage.
TC Node Designs
Note detail utilizes proprietary extrusion design.
Spun aluminum gusset cover provides precision seal.
Pressed cover provides inconsistent seal.
TC Center Safety Line Support
Unmatched Safety Design:
08/06/2020 · 8:07am
Tank Connection provided this Bolted RTP and aluminum geodesic dome dry stockpile containment solution for a fluorspar mining operation in Canada.
04/04/2019 · 9:55am
Water treatment facility upgrade in Southeast Kansas featuring six customized APEX Domes aluminum covers.
01/17/2019 · 9:48am
Stainless steel bolted RTP + aluminum dome storage for food processing applications
12/19/2018 · 10:56am
This Bolted RTP potable water storage tank blends into the brilliant green New Zealand landscape. It features a special coated aluminum geodesic dome provided by APEX Domes.
03/28/2016 · 4:51pm
Not only does Tank Connection offer the premier bolted tank, Tank Connection also designs, manufactures, and installs aluminum geodesic domes.
02/06/2016 · 4:05pm
Tank Connection was selected to design, manufacture and install a turnkey package for over 4 million gallons of frac water storage. The customer owns and operates their own oil and gas wells and contacted Tank Connection to assist in finding the most economical storage solution for their frac sand operation.