Processed food storage is offered in shop welded, field-welded, and bolted storage tanks for milling, baking and food processing applications. Food grade storage tanks are manufactured in coated carbon steel and stainless steel construction. Designed and customized per your requirements, Tank Connection designs are certified to nationally and and locally recognized codes as required.
TYPES OF PRODUCTS USED IN OUR FOOD STORAGE TANKS:
Typical food storage products: Flour, starch, sugar, rice, salt, soybean meal, cornmeal, DDG, corn gluten, dextrose, various meals, various flours, various processed foods, etc. Specialized FDA approved coatings are applied to carbon steel storage tanks and thermally cured to the substrate surface in a controlled environment. Stainless steel storage tanks are chemically washed internally (for process food product protection) and externally (for aesthetic appearance) prior to shipment.
Typical food grade weld profiles are available as “smooth not flush”, “flush” and “flush and polished” to meet your requirements.
THE TANK CONNECTION SHOP-WELDED STORAGE TANK ADVANTAGE INCLUDES:
- The best shop welded storage tank construction offered in North America
- Welded storage tank diameters from 4-15' diameter with capacities up to 12,000 cubic feet
- Bolted storage tank diameters (with hoppers) from 9-45' diameter with capacities up to 150,000 cubic feet
- Available in both coated carbon steel and stainless steel construction
- Factory coatings are FDA approved and provide low maintenance requirements
- Product flow testing to ensure mass or funnel flow requirements
- Special design considerations can be incorporated for NFPA 68 and FM requirements
- Special accessories include: Bin activators for sugar discharge, fluidization for flour storage, chisel
- bottom designs and passive flow devices for functional mass flow discharge requirements
- Tank support styles include: leg, skirt, lug, girder, load cell and structural steel approaches
FOR LARGER VOLUME STORAGE APPLICATIONS, WE OFFER BOLTED STEEL TANK AND FIELD-WELD TANK CONSTRUCTION. THE TANK CONNECTION BOLTED RTP AND FIELD WELD TANK ADVANTAGE INCLUDES:
- Our bolted storage tank design has no interior ledges (Note: Other bolted storage designs create horizontal ledges inside the tank, which creates infestation and product contamination areas)
- Single hopper tank capacities range from 1,000 up to 100,000 cubic feet of storage
- If field-weld construction is specified, we manufacture the highest quality field-weld construction available in North America…meeting API 650 and API 620 requirements
- Best coating system available for food grade storage applications
- Top rated field construction process worldwide (silos are jacked from grade level using a proprietary synchronized jacking process)