In anaerobic digester applications, Tank Connection’s RTP (rolled, tapered panel) bolted tank design coated with LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™ is unmatched in performance compared to all other bolted tank designs.
At Tank Connection, we are the manufacturer of the #1 bolted liquid storage tank available in the world! We support this claim through customer testimonies and facts, not rhetoric.
You can rely on us to address the factors that should be addressed in digester applications including vapor zone considerations, operating temperature, applicable design configurations, corrosion considerations, pH/acidic levels, operating environment, materials of construction, applicable codes, thermal expansion, chemical resistance and appropriate design standards.
The Facts on Tank Connection and Anaerobic Digesters:
- In anaerobic applications, the important area inside the storage tank is the vapor zone area. This is the area where competitor storage products fail. In review, there are numerous digester designs available in the marketplace today. Tank Connection has developed the ultimate digester designs that provide superior performance in the field with low maintenance requirements. When you compare the facts on digesters, separating fact from fiction, your arrival destination will be Tank Connection. Consider the following:
|Anaerobic Digester Options
||Tank Connection Comments
|* LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™ (Tank Connection exclusive & proprietary fusion bond coating system)
||Lowest cost digester option
||Black steel is optional for liquid zone that maintains no oxygen.
Without oxygen present, there is no corrosive activity.
||LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™
||Most cost efficient
||TC recommended for a complete lined tank application.
||304 Stainless Hybrid
||TC recommended due to the current low cost of stainless steel. Ultimate anaerobic digester design.
||Most expensive approach
||Sidewall panels provide good protection. Vapor zone deck design is the weak link in anaerobic digester applications.
- There is a reason why Tank Connection is building the best digester designs in the industry and it all starts with understanding the requirements of each application:
- Sidewall to deck connection is welded…not bolted. A bolted connection in the sidewall to deck connection area (vapor zone) is an inferior design compared to a smooth welded transition that is coated with a “holiday free” fusion bond coating system.
- No internal deck supports are allowed…special pressure deck design developed — Tank Connection utilizes external supports only.
- LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™, the best fusion bond epoxy powder lining system available worldwide. It is applied at 12 mils DFT in digester applications.
- For select applications, Tank Connection can provide stainless steel construction in the vapor zone area.
- Cost evaluation:
- LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™ is the most cost efficient approach for anaerobic digester applications.
- Based on the current and continued low pricing of stainless steel material, a hybrid digester design that utilizes LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™ in the liquid zone and stainless construction in the vapor zone, may be considered the ultimate digester design available.
- Our proprietary LIQ Fusion 7000 FBE™ is NSF 61Certified and is unmatched in performance compared to all bolted tank linings.
- We can install anaerobic digesters in less than half the time required for field-weld and concrete construction
Typical anaerobic digester tank sizes:
- Bolted RTP Designs: Up to 2 million gallons (7570 cubic meters) with external rafter, pressure deck designs.
- Field-weld Designs: Up to 10 million gallons (37,850 cubic meters) with special deck designs.