Fusion Bond Epoxy
When specifying liquid tanks for municipal, industrial, and agricultural projects, it is important to not only understand the design specifics, but also the coating requirements. Tank Connection’s LIQ Fusion 8000 FBE™ (fusion bond epoxy) is a high tech coating system that is far superior to other coatings offered for liquid storage applications. Additionally, this coating can easily be repaired in the field if damaged, unlike glass coatings. With that said, how does a glass failure get repaired in the field when coatings are damaged or cracked? There is no repair. Damage to glass panels can only be patched by covering the area with mastic sealant.
The importance of specifying the coatings of the tank is as important as understanding the tank design. For additional information regarding Tank Connection’s premier powder coating systems, please see our coating brochures or www.liquidtanks.com.
The FUSION BOND EPOXY (FBE) Advantage Over Glass:
- Does not spall or crack… two inherent characteristics of glass lined coatings.
- Holiday free lining — LIQ Fusion 8000 FBE™ is fusion bonded to substrate surface.
- Electrostatic applied “powder-on-powder” system provides complete wrap-around on panel edges and in bolt-holes, a major deficiency in glass lined coatings.
- All internal tank components are coated with LIQ Fusion FBE™, unlike glass tanks which utilize galvanized internal tank components.
- Fusion FBE™ can be repaired in the field if damaged, unlike glass coatings which cannot be field repaired.
- Does not require cathodic protection, a requirement on glass lined tanks due to uncoated edges and bolt holes.
The FUSION BOND EPOXY (FBE) Advantage Over API 12B Coatings:
- LIQ Fusion FBE™ performance testing depicts superior performance over all coating systems offered for API 12B construction.
- LIQ Fusion FBE™ maintains a standard 5 year warranty in potable water storage. Competitor interior epoxy powder systems are offered with a 1 year standard warranty.
- EXT Fusion SDP™ is fused to substrate primer and cannot be scratched-off independent of base coat. (Liquid polyurethane topcoats can easily be scratched-off of base prime coat.)
- EXT Fusion SDP™ (super durable polyester) exterior topcoat maintains a 3 year standard warranty versus competitor systems offered with a 1 year standard warranty.